Special thank you to Suzi at My Colourful Life! She nominated me last week for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Suzi is a fantastic writer for her lifestyle blog that has a little bit of everything for everyone. You should head over and check her out! Thanks again for the nomination Suzi! On to the questions…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Where is the best place you have visited? Hands down, it has to be Ireland. It was my first time on an airplane and my first time outside of the US. It was two beautiful weeks of firsts for me while I was visiting my then long distance boyfriend. We stayed in a cute little hotel in Dublin for part of my visit and toured Dublin. His uncle took us all over in his car to sight see and take photos in the republic of Ireland. I got engaged to my now wonderful husband at A. CASTLE. Talk about a dream proposal. Maybe I’m still looking at my trip with nostalgia glasses but the country truly is beautiful, and I can’t wait to go back in August 2020.
If you could re-live any age, what age would you pick and why? That’s a good question, but I’m afraid I don’t have a good answer. I love my life right now. A lot of my past was painful and aren’t full of moments I necessarily want to relive. I think in 10 years, this will be the time in my life that I want to relive.
What was your favourite subject in school? English! I really enjoyed writing and researching for book reports. I know it’s not something everyone enjoy, but I really liked being able to be creative and home my skills as a writer.
If you had to choose one outfit to wear for the rest of your life what would it be? High-waisted black skinny jeans, anime tee, and converse.
What is the best piece of advice you could give to younger you? The best thing I could tell my younger self would be “you are worth so much more.” There were more time than I can count that I forgot my worth, and I will never forget my worth now.
What is your favourite colour? Black!
What pets have you had? I had a few pets when I was little, but now I have Padme, the best long haired chihuahua ever. She has quite the attitude and personality. I wouldn’t trade her for anything; she’s my best friend.
How would you spend a perfect summer day? The perfect summer day would be about 80 degrees with a light breeze. Alec and I would take Padme on a lake picnic that included a bit of a walk or hike to a beautiful, secluded location with the perfect spot to dip in for a swim. After swimming and playing, we’d spread out our towels and have cold lemonade, chicken salad sandwiches and chips for lunch and ice-cream for dessert.
What is your favourite film? I have so many! My favorite film when I was little was Balto. Right now, I like to re-watch Zootopia and Sing! to put myself in a happy mood.
Do you have a skincare routine? What are your favourite products? Yes! I like to use the Neutrogena makeup remover wipes to remove all of my makeup. Next, I clean my face with a gentle facial cleanser from Cerave. Then, I use Thayers alcohol-free toner (fave!) all over my face and neck. Finally, before I apply my Cerave moisturizer, I use an off brand spot treatment on any pimples that might have popped up.
Would you take part in my “Saturday Shout Out“? (Sorry, shameless self-promotion there) Sure!
- What song do you think makes people remember you?
- What character would you choose to be your best friend?
- What book do you need to read/game you need to play/show you need to watch still?
- Have you smashed any personal goals recently?
- If someone wanted to understand you, what should they read, watch, and play?
- List your favorite fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
- What are three things that you are enjoying right now?
- What is your favorite YouTube channel?
- List three of your favorite songs right now.
- What are some ways you practice self care that others might consider different or weird?
- What is the hardest part about blogging?
Michi @ Mich’s World
Remy @ The Lily Garden
Ami @ Undercover Superhero
Will @ Sirius Writes
Kat @ Grimm Girl
Lee @ Lee Hall Writer
Pete @ Moe Gamer
Keiko @ Keiko’s Anime Blog
Anna @ Believe in Geek
Follow A Geeky Gal!