I’m so excited to let y’all in on what is in store for A Geeky Gal. As you may know, one of my blog resolutions was to set up a YouTube channel. I have a few ideas up my sleeve like Let’s Play videos, geeky unboxings, geeky hauls, and more! Unfortunately, life has been busy with wedding planning and work so this idea has taken a back seat.
But I have good news!
Continue reading “Spoilers: Blog News & Updates”
It’s been quite a year on A Geeky Gal blog. I re-branded, gained more AND new traffic, found my writing groove, and even started utilizing social media to meet other bloggers. I’ve had this blog for 4 years, and I have never felt as motivated to continue blogging as I do today.
One of the things I’m most proud of is my new branding. I feel like it’s definitely more “me” and more of the look I wanted. There’s still some changes coming though for the look and feel of the site. I also want to expand to Youtube! I really feel like I can reach more people and more geeks by creating vlogs and Youtube content which brings me to my blog resolutions for this year!
Blog Resolutions for 2018
- Finish website changes.
- Create a Youtube channel.
- Make pinnable images for ALL blog posts.
- Have 150 WordPress followers (91 currently).
- Have 100 Facebook likes (68 currently).
- Have 300 Instagram followers (202 currently).
- Complete a 30 Day Blog Challenge.
- Guest post for at least 2 bloggers.
- Do a ‘Let’s Play’ for Youtube.
- Host a giveaway.
I usually don’t make resolutions because I never keep them. This year feels different though. I decided to focus on small goals that I knew I could complete so that hopefully it’ll push me to do even more. I have lost almost 40 pounds and want to reach my fitness goals this year. I also want to add to my portfolio and plan on giving it the attention is deserves. Here’s 10 of my personal resolutions for the New Year.
Personal Resolutions for 2018
- Reach my goal weight.
- Make my Pinterest closet dreams come true.
- Read one book a month (or 12 in a year).
- Finish the Library.
- Design 10 branding boards for my portfolio.
- Create 5 game-ready 3D models for my portfolio.
- Pay off debt (not including school loans).
- Generate a second income.
- Learn HTML/CSS.
- Take a vacation.
What are your resolutions for this year? What posts are you looking forward to seeing on my blog in 2018? Leave me a comment below!
Looking for your next favorite fashion IG account? Maybe you’re looking for someone a little funky, a little awesome, and a lot of REAL. I love to follow people that are into being comfortable, fashionable, and a little geeky. Here’s four of my favorite fashion IG accounts that you should be following.
Continue reading “MCFT: 4 Fashion Instagram Accounts You Should be Following”