Anime Weekend Atlanta 2015 (AWA) was an absolute blast this year and probably one of the best conventions I’ve gone to. It’s in Atlanta, Georgia and spans over 4 days – Thursday through Sunday usually in mid-September. If you’re in this neck of the woods, I highly recommend going! It’s freaking huge compared to Kami-Con (Birmingham, AL) and Momo-Con (Atlanta, GA). There’s a ton of panels, popular cosplayers, and so much more at AWA.
This convention was different for me in many ways compared to Kami-Con and Momo-Con. The biggest way was that I was going to cosplay one of my favorite characters for the first time ever. I was excited and nervous about the whole thing, but I was ready. My boyfriend and I had been preparing the week before by getting our wigs in order (brushing, de-tangling, and styling) when I realized how much fun I was having. I didn’t need to be scared anymore about what people would think, because this new hobby was incredibly fun and relaxing.
Continue reading “First Time Cosplaying: What to Expect”
Hi there, and welcome to my little corner of the internet. I recently moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress. This was my little introductory blog. I thought I’d post it for the new readers as well as edit it and add a little bit of new stuff for my ole’ faithful readers!
A little about me:
- My name is Megan. I’m 21, and I like to think I’m pretty normal.
- I am from/live in Alabama in a small town. I work as a graphic designer in a “big” city and go to school full time for Game Art. It sounds like I’m really busy, and 99.9% of the time I am. Luckily I graduate soon.
- I have a dog named Padme.
- I tend to be weird, nerdy, silly, and shy (unless I know you then most likely you already find me not-so-shy).
- Hobbies: gaming, reading, writing, drawing, listening, watching Netflix, pinning my imaginary life on Pinterest (come on, who doesn’t?), being awesome, etc.
Continue reading “Spoilers! The Geek Behind the Keyboard”