I have successfully completed my 30 Day Video Game Challenge! Over the 30 days while I was keeping up with the daily posts, I was nominated for not one, not two, but FOUR awards! I’ll be sprinkling in these award posts over the month of March. This second award is courtesy of Clan Geek! Thank you for the nomination Clan Geek! CG put a great spin on my 30 Day Video Game Challenge with their very own 30 Free Games Challenge. They also talk about books and D&D so check out their blog!
Sunshine Blogger Award Preview:
The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, joy, warmth and any other emotions that you feel when you think about the sun. I’m taking a different approach and I will nominate some bloggers that are new followers and write amazing posts!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 10 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What is your first video game memory? Playing Mortal Kombat on the family Sega. I was probably about 3 or 4 years old.
Who is your all-time favorite sidekick? Rose, the Tenth Doctor’s companion. I see a lot of myself in her and enjoyed her story the most.
Batman vs Superman, who wins? Batman. He has the smarts and the technology to win! Though Superman is amazing with his super human strength and just as smart… This is hard!
When did you first decide you wanted to write/blog? About 4 or 5 years ago. I went through a nasty break up and needed an outlet. It started as a word vomit kind of blog but then I switched to WordPress, made up a new blog name, and here we are!
What was your first blog post? The Geek Behind the Keyboard which has since been updated with all of my new info! Try not to cringe at Baby Geeky Gal’s writing. She was still trying to find herself.
If you could live in any video game universe, which one would you choose? Skyrim. I feel that I belong in a world with magic and dragons.
If you could have any movie turned into a video game, which movie and why? Silence of the Lambs. I love this horror movie and think it would make quite an interesting survival horror game.
How many hours did you spend on your longest marathon gaming session? I would estimate 12-16 hours being the longest gaming session I’ve ever had. Between Fatal Frame II (getting all the endings and S’s on the missions) and Silent Hill 2 (getting all the endings and 100%), my friends and I pulled some all nighters.
When is the best time of day to play video games? Either 10AM to 2PM or 3PM until bedtime.
How long is your perfect gaming session? 3 to 4 hours. I feel that’s enough time to get far into the game and enough time to take care of other responsibilities (and of course to eat and sleep).
- What is the best advice someone has ever given you?
- Which fantasy world would you like to visit the most?
- What is the best thing that the internet has ever created?
- What superpower would ruin the world?
- What lessons have you learned from video games?
- What makes you nostalgic?
- What book/movie/video game character do you secretly admire?
- What is your actual superpower?
- What weapon would you carry during the Zombie Apocalypse?
- What was the last thing you googled?
Meagan @ Quibbles & Scribbles
Kevin @ The Mental Attic
Thero @ A Reluctant Hero
Jacob @ AwksNerd
Sarah @ Geeks Who Eat
I’m only nominating 5 bloggers for this award. I have two awards left to go this month and want to spread the love! Please don’t forget to come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers!