It’s been quite a year on A Geeky Gal blog. I re-branded, gained more AND new traffic, found my writing groove, and even started utilizing social media to meet other bloggers. I’ve had this blog for 4 years, and I have never felt as motivated to continue blogging as I do today.
One of the things I’m most proud of is my new branding. I feel like it’s definitely more “me” and more of the look I wanted. There’s still some changes coming though for the look and feel of the site. I also want to expand to Youtube! I really feel like I can reach more people and more geeks by creating vlogs and Youtube content which brings me to my blog resolutions for this year!
Blog Resolutions for 2018
- Finish website changes.
- Create a Youtube channel.
- Make pinnable images for ALL blog posts.
- Have 150 WordPress followers (91 currently).
- Have 100 Facebook likes (68 currently).
- Have 300 Instagram followers (202 currently).
- Complete a 30 Day Blog Challenge.
- Guest post for at least 2 bloggers.
- Do a ‘Let’s Play’ for Youtube.
- Host a giveaway.
I usually don’t make resolutions because I never keep them. This year feels different though. I decided to focus on small goals that I knew I could complete so that hopefully it’ll push me to do even more. I have lost almost 40 pounds and want to reach my fitness goals this year. I also want to add to my portfolio and plan on giving it the attention is deserves. Here’s 10 of my personal resolutions for the New Year.
Personal Resolutions for 2018
- Reach my goal weight.
- Make my Pinterest closet dreams come true.
- Read one book a month (or 12 in a year).
- Finish the Library.
- Design 10 branding boards for my portfolio.
- Create 5 game-ready 3D models for my portfolio.
- Pay off debt (not including school loans).
- Generate a second income.
- Learn HTML/CSS.
- Take a vacation.
What are your resolutions for this year? What posts are you looking forward to seeing on my blog in 2018? Leave me a comment below!
Hi there, and welcome to my corner of the internet. This was my little introductory blog post from FOUR YEARS AGO. I thought I’d post it again for the new readers and make the changes necessary for all the things that have happened so far!
A little about me:
- My name is Megan. I’m 24 years old.
- I am from a small town in Alabama. I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I am a 3D modeler and graphic designer. Work likes to call me a hybrid.
- I have a dog named Padme.
- I am married to my best friend who is from Ireland. We went through the K1 Visa process together and are working on his green card currently.
- Hobbies: gaming, reading, writing, drawing, watching Netflix, and pinning my imaginary life on Pinterest (come on, who doesn’t?).
What you can expect from my blog and me:
This is probably what has changed the most. I finally have a brand for my blog. Gone are the weekly rambling posts. Here come the scheduled, organized, and well-thought-out posts! If you would like to get in touch with me about any of these series in regards to guest posting or sponsoring me, see my About Me page.
Blog series are in full swing and are posted weekly or biweekly or monthly with other geeky posts sprinkled in. Convention Life is everything cosplay and convention-related. 5 Fandom Friday is a blog series first started by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick that gets posted every Friday. Link Loves is a new series that I’m using to post my favorite links from blogs or articles or anything else I came across online that week or month. My Current Favorite Things (MCFT) is usually 4 to 5 items I am loving right now. Sprinkled between these series are posts for Geek Fashion & Tech, Reviews: Rants & Raves on the newest things I’ve personally tried, Saturday Suggestions on games, TV shows, anime, manga, and comics, and Spoilers! posts which are about me!
Thank you to readers, new and old. Without you, this blog wouldn’t be possible. I really enjoy writing each of these posts and spend much more time writing them than when I first started. Writing turned into a passion for me but this blog definitely dropped off the map a bit before I dusted it off and tried again. So welcome to the old, but improved A Geeky Gal!
Hi there, and welcome to my little corner of the internet. I recently moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress. This was my little introductory blog. I thought I’d post it for the new readers as well as edit it and add a little bit of new stuff for my ole’ faithful readers!
A little about me:
- My name is Megan. I’m 21, and I like to think I’m pretty normal.
- I am from/live in Alabama in a small town. I work as a graphic designer in a “big” city and go to school full time for Game Art. It sounds like I’m really busy, and 99.9% of the time I am. Luckily I graduate soon.
- I have a dog named Padme.
- I tend to be weird, nerdy, silly, and shy (unless I know you then most likely you already find me not-so-shy).
- Hobbies: gaming, reading, writing, drawing, listening, watching Netflix, pinning my imaginary life on Pinterest (come on, who doesn’t?), being awesome, etc.
Continue reading “Spoilers! The Geek Behind the Keyboard”