To date, I’ve successfully completed four cosplays. One of these was bought from AliExpress (ALO Asuna Yuuki or otherwise known as Undine Asuna), the other three were closet cosplays from fan art of Asuna from Sword Art Online and the 9th Doctor that I created with what I had in my closet or was bought relatively cheap. I’m no expert so take these steps as you like to make them fit your needs. If this is your first time cosplaying, I recommend reading this quick post. If this is your first convention, I’d recommend checking out this post as well!
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2015 (AWA) was an absolute blast this year and probably one of the best conventions I’ve gone to. It’s in Atlanta, Georgia and spans over 4 days – Thursday through Sunday usually in mid-September. If you’re in this neck of the woods, I highly recommend going! It’s freaking huge compared to Kami-Con (Birmingham, AL) and Momo-Con (Atlanta, GA). There’s a ton of panels, popular cosplayers, and so much more at AWA.
This convention was different for me in many ways compared to Kami-Con and Momo-Con. The biggest way was that I was going to cosplay one of my favorite characters for the first time ever. I was excited and nervous about the whole thing, but I was ready. My boyfriend and I had been preparing the week before by getting our wigs in order (brushing, de-tangling, and styling) when I realized how much fun I was having. I didn’t need to be scared anymore about what people would think, because this new hobby was incredibly fun and relaxing.
Hi there, and welcome to my little corner of the internet. I recently moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress. This was my little introductory blog. I thought I’d post it for the new readers as well as edit it and add a little bit of new stuff for my ole’ faithful readers!
A little about me:
- My name is Megan. I’m 21, and I like to think I’m pretty normal.
- I am from/live in Alabama in a small town. I work as a graphic designer in a “big” city and go to school full time for Game Art. It sounds like I’m really busy, and 99.9% of the time I am. Luckily I graduate soon.
- I have a dog named Padme.
- I tend to be weird, nerdy, silly, and shy (unless I know you then most likely you already find me not-so-shy).
- Hobbies: gaming, reading, writing, drawing, listening, watching Netflix, pinning my imaginary life on Pinterest (come on, who doesn’t?), being awesome, etc.