Say hello to lucky post number 301! That’s right; Monday’s post was the 300th post on A Geeky Gal. I didn’t want to deviate from my blog post schedule so I hope you’ll forgive me that this is number 301 and not 300. Can you believe there’s over 300 posts on this little blog of mine now?! THREE HUNDRED!
I have some BIG posts planned for this month as well as two YouTube videos and Wednesday tend to be my biggest day as far as views go. In an effort to put out a post today without stretching myself too thin, I thought I’d give you a peek at what April has in store…
Continue reading “300 (and 1) Blog Posts on A Geeky Gal!”
With half the year already behind us, I wanted to do a quick check in on my goals for the year. I’m pretty proud looking at the things that have been crossed off so far, but I’m also feeling a little overwhelmed by what’s left. My blog resolutions came pretty easy, but my personal resolutions are all still awaiting completion! I’ve got 6 months left to try to get some more resolutions crossed off. Let’s do this!
Blog Resolutions for 2018
Finish website changes. All website changes are in effect and complete!
- Create a Youtube channel. (This one is in the works; stay tuned.)
- Make pinnable images for ALL blog posts. (Ugh. Why did I make this resolution?)
Have 150 WordPress followers (91 currently). 194 followers!
Have 100 Facebook likes (68 currently). 121 likes!
Have 300 Instagram followers (202 currently). 300 followers!
Complete a 30 Day Blog Challenge. 30 Day Video Game Challenge.
- Guest post for at least 2 bloggers. (Normal Happenings; who else wants to collab?)
- Do a ‘Let’s Play’ for Youtube. (Been thinking about doing horror games; would love to hear some advice in the comments!)
- Host a giveaway. (What would you guys like to see? Leave a suggestion in the comments!)
Continue reading “Spoilers! Mid-Year Blog + Personal Resolutions”
It’s been quite a year on A Geeky Gal blog. I re-branded, gained more AND new traffic, found my writing groove, and even started utilizing social media to meet other bloggers. I’ve had this blog for 4 years, and I have never felt as motivated to continue blogging as I do today.
One of the things I’m most proud of is my new branding. I feel like it’s definitely more “me” and more of the look I wanted. There’s still some changes coming though for the look and feel of the site. I also want to expand to Youtube! I really feel like I can reach more people and more geeks by creating vlogs and Youtube content which brings me to my blog resolutions for this year!
Blog Resolutions for 2018
- Finish website changes.
- Create a Youtube channel.
- Make pinnable images for ALL blog posts.
- Have 150 WordPress followers (91 currently).
- Have 100 Facebook likes (68 currently).
- Have 300 Instagram followers (202 currently).
- Complete a 30 Day Blog Challenge.
- Guest post for at least 2 bloggers.
- Do a ‘Let’s Play’ for Youtube.
- Host a giveaway.
I usually don’t make resolutions because I never keep them. This year feels different though. I decided to focus on small goals that I knew I could complete so that hopefully it’ll push me to do even more. I have lost almost 40 pounds and want to reach my fitness goals this year. I also want to add to my portfolio and plan on giving it the attention is deserves. Here’s 10 of my personal resolutions for the New Year.
Personal Resolutions for 2018
- Reach my goal weight.
- Make my Pinterest closet dreams come true.
- Read one book a month (or 12 in a year).
- Finish the Library.
- Design 10 branding boards for my portfolio.
- Create 5 game-ready 3D models for my portfolio.
- Pay off debt (not including school loans).
- Generate a second income.
- Learn HTML/CSS.
- Take a vacation.
What are your resolutions for this year? What posts are you looking forward to seeing on my blog in 2018? Leave me a comment below!