In February, A Geeky Gal was nominated for The Super Happy Love Award by Pinkie at Pinkie’s Paradise Pinkie is a super sweet and entertaining blogger who writes about her love of Pokemon and other geeky things like video games and anime. Thanks again Pinkie for the nomination and for creating this award!. It’s very much appreciated! I’m excited to take this new award and pass it on to some deserving people.
- Thank the one who tagged you and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
- Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post. Share the rules!
- Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even youtuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
– Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you live this so much!
– Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a Waifu, a Husbando, maybe a mentor or someone who taught you a valuable lesson. Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does a anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory to a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
– Show us why you love a piece of media so much! A Book, A Game, A Anime, A Movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself
- Put on your rose tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact your are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays.. <topic> is poopoo but back in my days.. .it was great. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
- Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
- Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (Should they so choose)
Continue reading “The Super Happy Love Award (+ tags)”
Sartorial Geek recently partnered up with The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick to bring back 5 Fandom Friday! You can see all the prompts for 2020 here! If you’re participating in The Nerdy Girlie’s 5 Fandom Friday, you may have noticed a few of us have made some DLC’s (downloadable content) to complement the already lengthy blog prompt list courtesy of The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick. You can check out my first DLC for 5 Fandom Friday at the GG Pack (the Geeky Gal Pack) and my second DLC here at GG2 Pack!
Now that we’ve been living in STL for over three years now, Alec and I have had a chance to check out the local spots that welcome geeks like ourselves. Below I’ve gathered places and events that we’ve enjoyed so far! If you live in or near STL or are planning a visit, put these on your must see and do list!
Continue reading “5FF: Geeky Things To Do STL”
Welcome to my February 2020 recap! February has seen quite a lot of milestones here on the blog including a huge announcement at the beginning of this month as well as over NINE blog nominations since the start of 2020. We have a lot to get to today. With the first week of March already passed us, let’s take a look at the month of February here on A Geeky Gal!
Continue reading “A Geeky Gal Monthly Recap: February 2020”
In January, A Geeky Gal was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Kamie at Kamie’s Wave Kamie is a really cool blogger who does reviews and chats about anime and Japanese films as well as sharing some more personal posts that anyone can relate to. Thanks again Kamie for the nomination. It’s very much appreciated!
Continue reading “Blogger Recognition Award (+ tags)”
On YouTube, I am excited to share that I am celebrating 1,000 WordPress followers! I answered your questions from Twitter and Instagram in this YouTube AMA that you can watch below!
Also, last week I played Rule of Rose where I encountered the Mermaid Princess… the toughest boss that I’ve battled so far. All videos are linked below!
1K WordPress Followers // Ask Me Anything!
Let’s play Rule of Rose // Feelin’ a little salty… PART TEN
Follow A Geeky Gal!
INSTAGRAM| PINTEREST | TWITTER | YOUTUBE | PATREON
Every once in a while, I say something kind of funny or something pretty deep. It’s not often, but it happens. During a conversation the other day when I turned to one of my favorite CMP’s (Communications Major People) for some advice concerning a co-worker’s wife, I said this gem:
I’m trapped in a box of politeness and am afraid to hurt anyone’s feelings.
Wow. If the way I approached people was summed up in a single sentence, this would be it. I have a strong desire to be “liked.” It kills my vibe when someone is upset with me, and I constantly think about what I could have done to make them not mad. This goes for dealing with people in public too, like Pesky Salesperson at Mid-Range Store.
Continue reading “Breaking Out of the Box (of Politeness)”
Keiko at Keiko’s Anime Blog was kind enough to nominate me for the Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you so much, Keiko! Keiko is one of my favorite anime bloggers. She has taken on several 30 day challenges, most recently being A Month of Romance. You should really check out Keiko’s blog!
Mystery Blogger Award Preview:
According to the creator, Okoto, “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Continue reading “Mystery Blogger Award (+ tags)”