The month of April makes 8 amazing years of geeky blogging. Eight years is a long time to keep writing about my love of geeky things which is why my writing and my blog evolved over these past eight years. My writing and my blog will continue to evolve and be an extension of myself as I grow and change as well. These eight years would not have been the same without the amazing geeky community that I am honored to be a member of. I may not participate as much as I’d like, but sometimes life comes first. That’s also something I love about the community as well; everyone understands that blogs are hobbies for a lot of us. I have a full time job and a family, but writing for my blog has been an incredible outlet for me, and it’s why I’ve been keeping up with it for the last 8 years!
To celebrate such a big personal milestone, I wanted to share my personal favorite blog posts with all of you, just like I did last year but with some updates! Some of these posts still make me cringe a bit, but it shows how much I have grown as a writer and as a person. There were also long periods of time between my blog posts in the very beginning as I didn’t have a schedule worked out that made sense for my lifestyle at the time so some years have more posts than others. I enjoyed taking this tip down memory lane again, and I hope you will, too. Don’t be afraid to comment on some of these old posts to let me know your thoughts.
Favorite Blog Posts of 2021 (so far)
- Spoilers! 28 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Turned 28
- Gaming After Dark: Full Service
- Spoilers! Reflecting on One Year in Self Isolation
Favorite Blog Posts of 2020
- 10 Healing BTS Song Lyrics
- 5 Lessons from Therapy
- When Fandoms Take All of Your Spoons: 4 Ways to Deal with Toxic Fandoms
- Gaming After Dark: Negligee
- Saturday Suggestion – Webtoon: Lookism
- Welcome to the 30 Day Harry Potter Challenge!
- Top 10 Things Getting Me Through the Pandemic
- Yuna: The Character That Defines A Geeky Gal
Favorite Blog Posts of 2019
- Spoilers! We went to Disney!
- 30 Day Geek Out Challenge: Complete List
- A Geeky Gal’s Fan Convention Guide: FREE Packing List Printable
- Gaming After Dark: Katawa Shoujo
- Spoilers! We had a wedding!
- Spoilers! Two Years of Geeky Marriage Bliss + a Letter to My Spouse
- 10 Ways to Practice Real Self Care
- What Anxiety Is Like
Favorite Blog Posts of 2018
- Saturday Suggestion – Game: Doki Doki Literature Club!
- 30 Day Video Game Challenge
- A Geeky Gal’s Cosplay Guide: Buying a Cosplay Online
- A Geeky Gal’s Fan Convention Guide: Frugal Food on the Run
- The Thing About PTSD
- 30 Day Anime Challenge
- Spyro the Dragon | The Game That Defines A Geeky Gal
Favorite Blog Posts of 2017
- Spoilers! I’m Engaged!
- 5FF: Characters With My Favorite Fictional Closet
- A Geeky Gal’s Cosplay Guide: How to Cosplay for Beginners
- Month of Magic: Harry Potter
- Spoilers! Yearly Bucket List for Couples
- Spoilers! Our Immigration Story So Far
Favorite Blog Posts of 2016
- First Time Cosplaying: What to Expect
- Saturday Suggestion – Game: The Wolf Among Us
- Saturday Suggestion – Anime: Say I Love You
- Spoilers! I’m in my 20’s and I still don’t know what I’m doing
- 5 Fandom Friday: Fandoms That Made Me Who I Am
Favorite Blog Posts of 2015
Favorite Blog Posts of 2014
- Saturday Suggestion – Anime: Black Butler
- Saturday Suggestion – Game: Fantasy Life
- Saturday Suggestion – Game: Animal Crossing New Leaf
- Saturday Suggestions – Anime: Sword Art Online
How long have you been blogging? Has your blog changed since you started it? Let me know in a comment below!
Follow A Geeky Gal!