Last year I did my first ever yearly recap! I noticed many of you really enjoyed it so I wanted to bring it back for 2020 too! As always, there are some highlighted posts that I loved writing in 2020 as well as a few of my favorite and most viewed YouTube channel videos from this year! I included at least two top posts for each month of 2020 as I did take a couple of mental health breaks during the year. Some months saw more views than others so I included the most viewed and popular posts for those months.
Looking back at all of these posts fills me with so much gratitude and happiness despite how crummy 2020 was, and I am very much looking forward to 2021 with all of you! Let’s make next year even better!
Highlights of 2020
Most K-Pop isn’t open about mental health, mental illness, or personal struggles, and that’s where BTS is different. One of the biggest reasons I love BTS is their incredible lyrics that touch on aspects of mental health and mental illness. Their music videos speak volumes even with a language barrier. Their canon Webtoon, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt.0: Save Me, dives into the mental health of their alter egos as well and lends a hand to their narrative of healing, loving yourself, and moving forward.
Today I wanted to share some of my favorite lyrics from BTS’s songs that have been healing for me. Whether I was deep in depression on these days or just needing a little reminder that I’m going to be okay, BTS was able to touch my heart, and I hope that some of these songs and lyrics can help you as well.
Y’all I have fallen hard for the Webtoon app. Ever since discovering Lore Olympus, I have been reading tons and tons of comics created for the platform. There’s so many talented creators that I just knew I had to add Webtoons to the Saturday Suggestions! I want to kick this off with one of my favorite Webtoons right now: Lookism.
Negligee is a sexy Yuri (female to female relationship) visual novel with female characters created by indie creator Dharker Studio. Your choices will affect the game and the eleven possible endings, giving this game the advantage of multiple playthroughs. This particular review is for the uncensored version of the game. Negligee does contain nudity, characters in different states of undress, and sexual language.
In 2018, I started seeing a therapist. I initially wanted to see someone for my anxiety that had only gotten worse since Alec arrived in October of 2017. I didn’t know what to expect during my first visit, but my therapist ended up being exactly who I needed. On top of anxiety, I was diagnosed with PTSD. This year, we realized I also have depression.
I’ve been working hard during my mental health journey, learning how to cope and working through my trauma. There have been several “lessons” that have been helping me along the way; some people may call these alternative thoughts or affirmations. They have greatly helped me almost daily. In an effort to keep breaking the stigma around mental health, I wanted to share these alternative thoughts with you on the blog today.
This prompt is all about your love for Harry Potter and Hogwarts. You’re not just taking a trip down memory lane for this challenge. You also will explore Hogwarts’ student life like classes, fashion, and more. I’ve also included some thought-provoking questions for us to consider when it comes to one of our most magical fandoms like morality, character deaths, and more. Ready your wands for a Harry Potter challenge like no other!
Most Popular Posts from 2020
- 5 Lessons from Therapy
- Spoilers! What’s On My Bucket List?
- Spoilers! 2020 Blog + Personal Resolutions
- Yuna: The Character That Defines A Geeky Gal
- Saturday Suggestion – Video Games for Lovers
- When Fandoms Take All of Your Spoons: 4 Ways to Deal with Toxic Fandoms
- MCFT: My Waifus for Laifu
- Saturday Suggestion – Top 5 Rom-Com Anime
- Breaking Out of the Box (of Politeness)
- When Escapism Isn’t a Good Thing: 8 Ways to Make Escapism Healthy
- 5FF: Geeky Things To Do STL
- Saturday Suggestion – Webtoon: Lookism
- 5 Games That Have Had The Biggest Impact On My Life
- 6 Ways I’m Coping with Self Isolation
- Spoilers! 7 Years of Geeky Blogging
- Living Life Through Animal Crossing [OWLS Hope Tour]
- Discovering K-Pop: Do you know BTS?
- Spoilers! Mid Year-2020 Blog + Personal Resolutions
- Spoilers! I’m Back! What’s Next?
- Welcome to the 30 Day Harry Potter Challenge!
- The Virtual Artist Alley: Geeky Etsy Shops & Small Businesses
- Harry Potter Challenge: Day 1
- Harry Potter Challenge: Day 6
- Harry Potter Challenge: Day 7
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: Animation
- Monday Musings: Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Spoilers! I’m Taking a(nother) Short Break
- Monday Musings: Finding Me
- Spoilers! News & Announcements (please read)
- Spoilers! I’m back from hiatus! Future Plans?
- The Totally Awesome Tomodachi Award (+ tags)
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: Geek Pride
- Top 10 Things Getting Me Through the Pandemic
- The Original Outstanding Blogger Award (+ tags)
- Have You Ever? Gaming Edition (+ tags)
- Monday Musings: Sacrifice
- Let’s Blog Award (+ tags)
- The Kore Wa Watashi Award (+ tags)
- A Very Geeky Christmas: My Wish List for 2020
- Seriously Geeky Sundays: What makes you smile?
- Spoilers! We Bought A House During the Pandemic!
- Seriously Geeky Santa: 3D Modeling and A Geeky Gal Convention?!
Most Viewed YouTube Videos of 2020
BIG Channel Update // Why I’m Rebranding My Channel
Magnolia Apartment // The Sims 4 Speed Build
My Weight Loss Journey // Tips + Advice for Starting Your Journey
Haunting Ground // Just a Sheet in the Wind Part 1
BLACKPINK Airport Fashion Lookbook // Recreating Mid Sized Outfits
1K WordPress Followers // Ask Me Anything!
Follow A Geeky Gal!