If you haven’t heard of OWLS before, it stands for Otaku Warrior for Liberty and Self-Respect. We are a group of content creators promoting the acceptance of everyone regardless of their disabilities, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and religion. Each month with the help of pop culture, literature, and other forms of media, we explore real-world topics through these online tours, sharing personal experiences and analyzing pop culture.
If you want to know more about OWLS, you can take a look at the blog here.
This year has been full of cancelled plans: vacations, weddings, graduations, concerts, and even *gasp* anime conventions. OWLS has been playing around with the idea of a virtual convention and honestly, I think we couldn’t have chosen a better time to put on The Mini CONmmunity: Anime is Never Cancelled. May I present to you my humble contribution of The Virtual Artist Alley which features some of my most favorite Etsy shops and small businesses that specialize in all things geeky including several Black-owned, women-owned, and Black women-owned small businesses!
Blerdy Girl Crafts
- The freaking cutest crochet Sushi Bunnies & Amigurumi Dolls made by our sweet Naja!
- $25 and up (a bargain for handmade goodies like these!)
- Shop here: Blerdy Girl Crafts on Etsy
- A cute spin on geeky stationary (and a personal fave)!
- $2.50 and up
- Shop here: Mind Speaks on Etsy
Adorned by Chi
- The one-stop-shop for magical girls and guys (+ original Black girl magic comics)!
- $3 and up (psst… use code AGEEKYGAL for a discount)**
- Shop here: Adorned By Chi
A Geek Girl’s Tees
- Flaunt your fandom with fashion created by fellow geeky blogger Michelle of A Geek Girl’s Guide
- $3 and up (psst… use code MEGAN15 for a discount)**
- Shop here: A Geek Girl’s Tees
Bright Lights Stitch Co.
- 80’s pop culture cross stitch patterns and kits for the geeky crafter!
- $1.32 and up
- Shop here: Bright Lights Stitch Co. on Etsy
- Geek chic clothing, pins, bags & more! 25% of proceeds from all HP sales for the month of August will go to pro trans lives organizations!
- $2 and up
- Shop here: The Colorful Geek
Fandom Flair Pins
- Unique enamel pins for all kinds of geeks and fandoms!
- $3 and up
- Shop here: Fandom Flair Pins on Etsy
Games by the Thread
- Geeky cross stitch & crochet patterns from video games (& Avatar)!
- $3 and up
- Shop here: Games by the Thread on Etsy
- Home to the amazing She Series & He Series; you may even recognize the iconic phonebox + Disney prints!
- $1 and up
- Shop here: Karen Hallion on Etsy
Snackbat Studio (previously known as Pintrovert)
- Weird prints, pin, and patches featuring your favorite fandoms!
- $1.99 and up
- Shop here: Snackbat on Etsy
Galaxy Gear Boutique
- Out of this world handmade geeky accessories for horror, animation, and wizard fans! (And another personal fave!)
- $13 and up
- Shop here: Galaxy Gear
Media Medusa Shop
- Geeky printables for parties and planners featuring your favorite fandoms!
- $4.50 and up
- Shop here: Media Medusa on Etsy
- Handmade Lolita, Costumes, and Cosplay for all geeks! Features beautiful kimono cosplays!
- $34.39 and up
- Shop here: Sky Creation on Etsy
- Your home for Star Wars enamel pins & more! The only Star Wars pin shop you’ll ever need!
- $9.49 and up
- Shop here: Utinni Bikini on Etsy
- Geeky candles and wax melts straight from STL! (I met the owners and they are just lovely people with lovely candles!)
- $4 and up
- Shop here: Geek Nest on Etsy
For Nerd By Nerd
- Nerdy art for your home featuring cut vinyl in beautiful minimalist frames!
- $14.99 and up
- Shop here: For Nerd By Nerd on Etsy
Nerdy Vegas Chic
- Fashion and lifestyle products for geeks by fellow geeky blogger Nerdy Vegas Chic!
- $8 and up
- Shop here: Nerdy Vegas Chic
- She regenerated! PG is back with geeky womenswear, pin badges, and accessories!
- £8 and up
- Shop here: Prophecy Girl
Dark Edge Games
- Extremely detailed, custom sci-fi miniatures perfect for tabletop games and collections!
- $4 and up
- Shop here: Dark Edge Games on Etsy
Lil Shop of Madness
- Creative 3D printed keychains and accessories you won’t find anywhere else!
- $6 and up
- Shop here: Lil Shop of Madness on Etsy
My Tangled Chaos
- Disney inspired prints and stickers featuring your favorite quotes and characters; perfect for any Disnerd!
- $4.50 and up
- Shop here: My Tangled Chaos on Etsy
- Incredible handmade Shoescapes featuring your favorite characters and fandoms!
- $35 and up (A STEAL!)
- Shop here: StyleXSasha on Etsy
I hope you all enjoyed this little trip down the virtual Artist Alley, which is definitely my favorite part of any convention. Time is so strange right now, and many small businesses just like the ones above are having a hard time due to the current circumstances. Let’s do our part to support these small creators! If you can’t make a purchase, please share their beautiful creations on social media. I would greatly appreciate any support you can give to these businesses above.
**This post contains affiliate & brand rep links; actions you take from the hyperlinks within this blog post may yield commissions for ageekygal.com which never add to your cost if you choose to make a purchase, but make it possible for me to maintain this site. ♥
Follow A Geeky Gal!