Pinkie at Pinkie’s Paradise was kind enough to nominate me (forever ago) for the Bee Love Award! Thank you so much, Pinkie! This is indeed an award I haven’t been nominated for yet. 😉 Pinkie is the sweetest person you’ll have the pleasure of meeting, and her blog is really awesome too! You might like her posts on anime or gaming, but there’s plenty around to read for everyone. You should really check out Pinkie’s blog (and tell her I sent ya)!
- Attach the BEE LOVE AWARD LOGO on top of your post.
- Ping back to Rising Star “Inspiration and Motivation is the Key to Success“.
- Thank your fellow blogger who nominated you.
- Share your Definition of LOVE and How You Live Out LOVE.
- Nominate your fellow bloggers who live out love and inspiration on WordPress Blog. (Love knows no limits, so nominate as many fellow bloggers you’d like to shine your light on).
My Definition of Love
Love is tons of tiny moments in life like a hug at the airport, a kiss on the forehead in the kitchen, picking out towels for the bathroom, grabbing their favorite candy when you’re out, and holding hands while taking a walk around the block. But it’s also being there to support someone, cry with them in happiness and sadness, fighting for them, thinking of them when you make decisions, and being by their side through the good times and the not-so-good times.
How I Live Out of Love
I do my best to give people the benefit of the doubt. I believe that most people are good at heart and that everyone can have a bad day. I try to be kind no matter what the circumstances. I put others before myself when I can.
I did some digging to find the origin of this award, but Pinkie put her own spin on things with what information she had. She challenged me to write about something I wouldn’t normally write about. So…
Here is Padme the Chihuahua’s origin story!
View this post on Instagram
Padme was born in June of 2012 to Lacey and Gizmo whose owners I was good friends with. Padme has two siblings that are solid black except for a small white star on their heads. Padme was the only puppy who had her colors and patterns. They were also an ‘oops’ litter. My friends hadn’t planned on breeding their dogs and took precautions, but alas, Padme and her siblings were born.
I had been looking for a dog for awhile at this point in my life, but I hadn’t found the right one for me yet. Well I found the right dog for me in Padme. The first time I met her, she trying to get her siblings to play with her by nibbling and whining at them. Her colors were so different from any chihuahua I have seen before, and her personality was strong and unique.
When she was old enough, I brought her home much to my parents’ dismay. They wanted me to return her and lectured me about how she would be a lifelong commitment, but I was ready for a best friend like Padme. My parents didn’t know it yet but they were going to be woo’ed by her little one-eyebrow-face, too.
Padme was a very playful and anxious puppy. Socks and USB cords were her favorite things to chew on. She would cry if she couldn’t see where I was which meant showering with the curtain open her first few months at home. My parents quickly grew attached to her and bought her toys, treats, and clothes. Yes! Clothes! As a baby, Padme was easy-going and let me dress her up all the time. I’m afraid those days have ended, but at least I have pictures to look back on.
My parents affectionately refer to her as their “grand-dog.” They love her as much as I do and send care packages and Christmas gifts that always include toys and treats for her. Currently, she has been diagnosed with IMT, an autoimmune disease where her body attacks her platelets. She is undergoing treatment, but we’re hopeful she will be healthy again.
Some fun facts about Padme:
- Padme was originally named Pandora. Her name was changed in the first week I had her home.
- Padme is named after Star Wars’ Padme Amidala, one of my favorite characters.
- Padme is a long-haired chihuahua, but often gets mistaken for a papillion.
- Padme is a lazy cuddle-bug, but loves to walk and hike.
- Her favorite toys are stuffed ducks and lambs.
- I believe her favorite color is purple. She gravitates towards toys that are purple.
- She has a brown dot of fur above one of her eyes which I call her “one eyebrow.”
- She knows how to sit, stay, high-five, stand up, and a couple more tricks.
- Padme is food-motivated.
- Padme is scared of other dogs but absolutely adores cats (most likely because she grew up with our cat Baby Boy who was a 14 pound mixed Siamese kitty).
No nominations this time! I need to catch up on the other awards and tags. Feel free to do the award if you haven’t been tagged before!
Let me know if you decided to participate by linking back to this post so I can see your answers!
Follow A Geeky Gal!