In February, A Geeky Gal was nominated for The Super Happy Love Award by Pinkie at Pinkie’s Paradise Pinkie is a super sweet and entertaining blogger who writes about her love of Pokemon and other geeky things like video games and anime. Thanks again Pinkie for the nomination and for creating this award!. It’s very much appreciated! I’m excited to take this new award and pass it on to some deserving people.
- Thank the one who tagged you and if at all please tag the original post as well. This is my first blog tag and a bit of a passion project so I would like to see where it spreads! Oh and use Super-Happy-Love as a tag!
- Display the Super Happy Love Logo in your post. Share the rules!
- Choose a minimum of 2 out of these 6 prompts to answer in this blog! More is always allowed! These six prompts are as follows!
– Tell about a person you love, this can be a friend, partner but also a celebrity or even youtuber who means a lot to you. As long as they once took breath on this earthly realm you are allowed to pick them… Tell us why you love them.
– Write something about a fandom or franchise you love. It can be your favorite game series or about just about anything that is bigger than just a single product! Tell us why you live this so much!
– Tell us something about a character that you love. Do you have a Waifu, a Husbando, maybe a mentor or someone who taught you a valuable lesson. Tell us why you love them.
– Tell us something about a piece of music that you love. Does a anime intro mean a lot to you? Did you have a special memory to a pop song, like your first dance at your wedding? Maybe a piece of video game music? If you love it, you should tell us why!
– Show us why you love a piece of media so much! A Book, A Game, A Anime, A Movie maybe even a random piece of fan art, you are free to pick as long as you can show us why you love it.
– Write something about yourself that you love! For those who like a challenge, there is a hard mode in this blog prompt as well. Tell us why you love a certain aspect of yourself
- Put on your rose tinted glasses. For once you are allowed to gush about the things that you love without having to balance it out with negatives so that you seem objective. In fact your are actively encouraged not to bring negativity into this tag. So no “Nowadays.. <topic> is poopoo but back in my days.. .it was great. Just say it was great! Love is blind after all!
- Tag 6 bloggers you love so they can take on this challenge as well.
- Everyone who comments something lovely about your post ALSO gets nominated. (Should they so choose)
A Person I Love
I don’t gush enough about my husband so this sounds like the perfect opportunity to do so. We just celebrated our two year wedding anniversary in November. It feels so short yet long at the same time considering how much time we spent long distance which I believe was about 4 years as a couple, but we’ve known each other for about 13 years now.
I love Alec for so many reasons, both minuscule and obvious. I love him because he makes me laugh daily. I love him because he is calm, cool, and collected which is the opposite of me. He is the Yin to my Yang in so many ways, but we also love many of the same hobbies like gaming, anime, and just being a geek. He loves our dog Padme as much as I do which just makes me love him more.
There is no one else in the world I could imagine spending the rest of my life with.
Something I Love About Myself
I chose this prompt because I could use a little self love right now. I’m a recovering perfectionist. I beat myself up over everything that doesn’t go according to plan. I’m not as stressed and anxious as I used to be, but I’m still having trouble becoming a ‘good enough-ist.’ I need to pat myself on the back more for my accomplishments no matter how imperfect they are.
My trainer made a comment one night that made me think about this. To set up the scenario, I had already completed 5×10 sets of weighted squats including repping a lower weight for about 15 reps and some conditioning exercises that were making my legs feel like jelly. I had just pushed a 90 pound sled (which felt like nothing since my PR is 270 lbs), lunged my way back down the room and was about to turn around to bear crawl back to the sled. I felt like my legs were giving out with each step. My knees were hitting the turf no matter how hard I tried to keep my core tight and execute the exercise correctly.
I kept going until the end anyway where I did band pull aparts, then I pushed the sled again, lunged back, and got back down on all fours to bear crawl again. My trainer asked me if I’d rather lunge back. I told her no, that I needed to bear crawl if I wanted to get stronger at it. And then I bear crawled back. It wasn’t fast and it wasn’t graceful, but I did it. At the end of my session my trainer told me that she always knows I give my best each session and never complain.
Sometimes it takes someone complimenting you for you to discover something new to love about yourself. I love that I am ambitious. I love that I give my all. I love that when presented with an “easier” choice, I would rather do the “harder” choice if my mind or body are able so that I come out stronger in the end. I love that I am getting better at being good enough.
Michelle @ A Geek Girls Guide
Heather @ Just Geeking By
Jaycee @ Thinking Moon
Meagan @ Quibbles & Scribbles
Pete @ Moe Gamer
Feel free to participate if you like whether you’ve been nominated or not! I apologize if you have been nominated before or don’t participate in these. Just know that I nominated you because I love your blog! Let me know if you decided to answer my questions by linking back to this post so I can see your answers!
Follow A Geeky Gal!