In January, A Geeky Gal was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Pinkie at Pinkie’s Paradise Pinkie is a super sweet and entertaining blogger who writes about her love of Pokemon and other geeky things like video games. Thanks again Pinkie for the nomination. It’s very much appreciated! And I apologize for taking so long; I had a bit of a backlog of posts to get through!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and give a link to their site.
- Do a post to show your award.
- Give a summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
- Select at least 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Let each nominee know you’ve nominated them and give a link to your post.
How A Geeky Gal Came To Be
I’ve mentioned before how my first blog started as sort of an online journal and a place for me to get things off my chest. I realized that most of my writing was about geeky things that I enjoyed with a few personal posts sprinkled in. I knew if I wanted to pursue blogging more actively, I needed to rebrand and find a better host site. Thanks to a blogging friend, I found WordPress, and A Geeky Gal graced the internet with purpose.
Advice For New Bloggers
Here’s some past advice I’ve given, plus a couple more blurbs to help everyone on their writing journey!
- Write. No, seriously. Write. That’s literally the best thing you can do when you first start a blog. Write as much as you can and as much as you feel like writing.
- Be active in the blogging community. The community is very welcoming, and we bloggers love to help! Want to know how we did something for our site or how we come up with writing topics? Just ask! We’re friendly around here. Start by joining a Facebook group and just introduce yourself and your blog!
- Participate in collaborations. While this kind of goes with being active in the community, participating in collaborations with other bloggers will not only make you a better writer, but will potentially expand your audience of readers!
- Pick one or two social media platforms to connect with other bloggers/writers and your readers. I had had a Twitter for years before I actually started utilizing it, and it has been an amazing place to connect with people. Instagram has been less so for me, but I still love to use.
- Don’t be afraid to write outside of your box. Too often, bloggers focus so hard on their niche, that they are afraid to step outside of it. I’m speaking from experience when I say to step outside of the box you’ve put yourself in. Your readers will thank you.
- Take a break. If you are tired of writing, burned out, real life needs more of your attention, you want to, whatever reason you may have to take a break, don’t feel guilty about it. You’ll come back stronger and your followers will still be here for you!
I am taking a page from Pinkie as I’ve nominated so many bloggers last month and still have some tags to do. I am going to nominate blog themes, and if any of these sound like you, you are hereby nominated!
- Video Game Analysis Blog
- Anime Review Blog
- Recommended Book Blog
- Sharing Poetry Blog
- Board Game Review Blog
- Disney Travel Blog
- Making Movie Food Blog
- Nerdy Fitness Blog
- Geeky Fashion Blog
- Gaming News Blog
Feel free to participate if you like whether you’ve been nominated or not! Let me know if you decided to answer my questions by linking back to this post so I can see your answers!
Follow A Geeky Gal!