Two weeks ago, A Geeky Gal was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the wonderful Curtis (Ospreshire) of Iridium Eye Reviews! He reviews movies and series that don’t get the attention they deserve. He has a collection of reviews for indie made films as well as anime and more! You can check out his yearly recaps here to catch up on what you may have missed. Thanks again for the nomination. It’s very much appreciated!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and give a link to their site.
- Do a post to show your award.
- Give a summary of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice for any new bloggers.
- Select at least 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Let each nominee know you’ve nominated them and give a link to your post.
How A Geeky Gal Came To Be
I’ve mentioned before how my first blog started as sort of an online journal and a place for me to get things off my chest. I realized that most of my writing was about geeky things that I enjoyed with a few personal posts sprinkled in. I knew if I wanted to pursue blogging more actively, I needed to rebrand and find a better host site. Thanks to a blogging friend, I found WordPress, and A Geeky Gal graced the internet with purpose.
Advice For New Bloggers
Here’s some past advice I’ve given, plus a couple more blurbs to help everyone on their writing journey!
- Write. No, seriously. Write. That’s literally the best thing you can do when you first start a blog. Write as much as you can and as much as you feel like writing.
- Be active in the blogging community. The community is very welcoming, and we bloggers love to help! Want to know how we did something for our site or how we come up with writing topics? Just ask! We’re friendly around here. Start by joining a Facebook group and just introduce yourself and your blog!
- Participate in collaborations. While this kind of goes with being active in the community, participating in collaborations with other bloggers will not only make you a better writer, but will potentially expand your audience of readers!
- Pick one or two social media platforms to connect with other bloggers/writers and your readers. I had had a Twitter for years before I actually started utilizing it, and it has been an amazing place to connect with people. Instagram has been less so for me, but I still love to use.
Bel @ Aggronaut
Heather @ The Valkyries
Charles @ Around the Bonfire
Emily @ Monsterlady’s Diary
Rachel @ The Geek and The Beast
Mariah @Bizarre Brunette
Misa @ Muses and Makes
Alicia @ Eight Bit Blonde
Feel free to participate if you like whether you’ve been nominated or not! I apologize if you have been nominated before or don’t participate in these. Just know that I nominated you because I love your blog! Let me know if you decided to answer my questions by linking back to this post so I can see your answers!
Follow A Geeky Gal!