Hi there! Welcome to my geeky corner of the internet. My name is Megan, and if this post seems a little familiar, that’s because it’s been posted TWICE before! My very first little introductory blog post from FIVE YEARS AGO was posted on my blogger site before I rebranded and moved to WordPress. Then I thought I’d make a new updated introduction in 2017 after rebranding A Geeky Gal. Now, I’m back again with a shiny new introduction post to re-introduce myself to my 700+ WordPress followers.
A little about me:
- My name is Megan. I’m 26 years old.
- I’m from a small town in Alabama, but I moved to STL in 2016 to pursue a career in graphic art and 3D modeling.
- I am married to my best friend, Alec, who is from Ireland. We went through the K1 Visa process together, had an amazing wedding in my hometown, then celebrated our honeymoon with our first trip to Walt Disney World!
- We have a dog named Padme. She is very much the queen of our home.
- I’m 5′ 1.5″ (can’t forget the half).
- My birthday is on New Year’s day.
- I’m an INFJ!
- My hobbies include gaming, reading, writing, cosplay, watching Netflix & Hulu, lifting weights, binging YouTube Let’s Plays, and pinning my imaginary life on Pinterest.
- I love anime, Harry Potter, Dungeons & Dragons, Disney, and other geeky stuff.
- My favorite color is black.
- I currently don’t have any tattoos.
- I still wear converse pretty much exclusively.
- My husband and I really enjoy watching Disney and Marvel movies together.
- My circle of friends is small, but they are the best kind of people.
- I’ve wanted to be an artist ever since I was a kid.
- I started writing fanfiction in middle school and ended up falling in love with writing.
- I was Salutatorian of my college graduating class.
- I love thrifting clothes, furniture and home decor.
- I have PTSD and anxiety.
- Want to know more? Check out my 500 Follower AMA!
What you can expect from my blog and me:
This is probably what has changed the most and continues to evolve. I finally have a brand for my blog. Gone are the weekly rambling posts (though those still make it through the cracks sometimes). Here come the scheduled, organized, and well-thought-out posts! If you would like to get in touch with me about any of these series in regards to guest posting or sponsoring me, see my About Me page.
I’ve been pretty good about doing yearly blog challenges as well! If that sounds like something that is up your alley, check out my 30 Day Video Game Challenge post or my 30 Day Anime Challenge post. This year’s challenge is literally right around the corner so keep your eyes peeled for something fun and different!
Blog series are still in full swing and are posted weekly or biweekly or monthly with other geeky posts sprinkled in. You can read all about my new schedule here after my month long break thanks to a pesky thing called burn out!
- Awards & Nominations are all of the blog awards my site was won!
- Convention Life is everything cosplay and fan convention-related.
- 5 Fandom Friday is a blog series first started by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick that gets posted on Fridays.
- Link Loves is a series that I’m using to post my favorite links from blogs or articles or anything else I came across online that week or month.
- Mental Health in the Geek Community is a new series where I tackle mental health issues as a geek.
- Monday Musings are my short stories and poetry from old to new.
- My Current Favorite Things (MCFT) are usually 4 to 5 items I am loving right now.
- On YouTube is a series where I repost all of my YouTube videos for that week!
- Reviews: Rants & Raves are reviews of products, subscription boxes, and more!
- Saturday Suggestions are reviews on games, TV shows, anime, manga, and comics.
- Spoilers! are blog posts all about me and my life!
- Top Ten Geeks is a bi-monthly series where I promote all kinds of geeks all over the internet!
In the words of a past Megan…
Thank you to readers, new and old. Without you, this blog wouldn’t be possible. I really enjoy writing each of these posts and spend much more time writing them than when I first started. Writing turned into a passion for me but this blog definitely dropped off the map a bit before I dusted it off and tried again. So welcome to the old, but improved A Geeky Gal!
Follow A Geeky Gal!