It’s that time of the year where I check in on all of the resolutions I made at the beginning of 2019! I really needed this refresher after taking a break in May. I won’t be necessarily changing my 2019 resolutions, but I do think I should revise some of my goals after coming back from a mental health break due to burn out. I have a new posting schedule, and my goals should reflect that.
I’ve made great strides towards a lot of these resolutions, but others have fallen to the wayside (as they do sometimes). My mental health break was a great learning experience in that I realized what is most important to me, and how I can better handle future cases of burn out. Let’s be honest though, I want to avoid burn out again as much as possible. I have a feeling the year 2020’s resolutions will be much different from this year!
Blog Resolutions for 2019
- Post at least one YouTube video a month. (So far, so good!)
- Have 750 WordPress followers (
- Have 200 Facebook likes (
- Have 500 Instagram followers (
- Complete a new 30 Day Blog Challenge. (Created!)
- Host a giveaway. (In the process of gathering prizes!)
- Interview 3 geeky people. (One down, one scheduled, one to go)
- Post more mental health content as it relates to gaming/anime/etc. (I’ve got several completed posts ready to go!)
Blog daily for one month (not including a 30 Day Blog Challenge).
- Update photos of myself on the blog. (Nowhere near ready to cross this one off yet.)
I’ve really enjoyed my YT posting schedule, but it really needs to be more consistent. Peek my new schedule here! As for my followers and likes ratios, I’m happy with how those are coming along. I don’t put pressure on myself with those numbers. My newest 30 Day Challenge has been created, and I’m really happy with it! The date for it has been set so keep your eyes peeled. My giveaway is finally in progress! I purchased a few handmade goodies for prizes but I have plans to get more. I’m still figuring out the process though.
My geeky interviews are also coming along nicely! I interviewed my good friend Rebeccah of Hartline Art; I have another interview scheduled and a few more in mind! I’m still working towards adding more mental health content to my blog and have several posts completed. I crossed out blogging daily for month, because I know it wouldn’t be good for my mental health or future plans for this year. Lastly, I still have not made definite plans for getting new photos of myself on the blog, unfortunately.
Personal Resolutions for 2018
- Get healthy and fit! (Working on it!)
- Continue to work on my mental health. (Check!)
- Finish the Library. Finally. (YT wall & bookcases are done.)
- Create 5 game-ready 3D models for my portfolio. (Started on an environment.)
- Curate my style. (Still struggling with this one.)
- Save up for a house. (Working towards this.)
- Cultivate one new skill. (Hello, HTML and CSS.)
- Take a vacation. (Does our Disneymoon count?)
- Travel somewhere, anywhere. (Need to get to planning something!)
- Attend a convention. (There’s one coming in October!)
My health and fitness journey will always be a work in progress, but I’m happy to say I’m definitely more fit and healthier than I have ever been. I’m still working on my nutrition though. My break last month definitely gave me the chance the check in on my mental health, and I’m still practicing what I learned in therapy to better myself. The filming “background” part of my Library is completed, but there’s still some projects to start/finish.
I have yet to finish a model for my portfolio! I had this same issue last year. I plan on making it a priority to finish at least one model this year. I’m also still struggling with my style even after curating several Pinterest boards. If you have any advice, leave a comment to help a gal out. Alec and I are actively saving for our own home. I’m also proud to say I’ve learned quite a bit of HTML this year and a bit of CSS. Alec and I are also planning a long weekend vacation for this year as well, something short and sweet since we already spent a week at Disney World in January. As for a convention, I’m planning on attending one for later this year with or without a cosplay.
What are your resolutions for this year? What skill do you think I should add to my life? Do you have any vacation or travel ideas for me? Leave me a comment below!
Follow A Geeky Gal!