With half the year already behind us, I wanted to do a quick check in on my goals for the year. I’m pretty proud looking at the things that have been crossed off so far, but I’m also feeling a little overwhelmed by what’s left. My blog resolutions came pretty easy, but my personal resolutions are all still awaiting completion! I’ve got 6 months left to try to get some more resolutions crossed off. Let’s do this!
Blog Resolutions for 2018
Finish website changesAll website changes are in effect and complete!
- Create a Youtube channel (This one is in the works; stay tuned.)
- Make pinnable images for ALL blog posts (Ugh. Why did I make this resolution?)
Have 150 WordPress followers (91 currently)194 followers!
Have 100 Facebook likes (68 currently)121 likes!
Have 300 Instagram followers (202 currently)300 followers!
Complete a 30 Day Blog Challenge30 Day Video Game Challenge.
- Guest post for at least 2 bloggers (Normal Happenings; who else wants to collab?)
- Do a ‘Let’s Play’ for Youtube (Been thinking about doing horror games; would love to hear some advice in the comments!)
- Host a giveaway (What would you guys like to see? Leave a suggestion in the comments!)
Personal Resolutions for 2018
- Reach my goal weight (I’m 10 pounds away from my first goal weight!)
- Make my Pinterest closet dreams come true (I’ve whittled my current closet down to basics but I don’t think this one will happen this year due to finances/losing weight.)
- Read one book a month (or 12 in a year) (HAHAHA. Ha. I’ve read 2 books so far.)
- Finish the Library (The room is still bare BUT it should be halfway put together by July.)
- Design 10 branding boards for my portfolio (6 branding boards completed! Send me an email for a quote.)
- Create 5 game-ready 3D models for my portfolio (So. Many. Unfinished. Models.)
- Pay off debt (not including school loans) (Two credits cards are paid off and the last one will be paid off soon!)
Generate a second income(Freelancing!)
- Learn HTML/CSS (I’ve learned a lot but I don’t feel comfortable enough to cross this one off yet.)
- Take a vacation (Alas, this one will probably wait until next year as well.)
Blog resolutions have been crossed of pretty quickly! All that’s left is to make a YouTube channel, make pinnable images for each post, guest post for another blogger, do a ‘Let’s Play,’ and host a giveaway. I should have my very first YouTube video up by July/August so stay tuned for that. I’m kicking myself right now for the Pinterest images; they can be time consuming! I have had a few bloggers express interest in guest posting so that one may be crossed off soon. As far as a ‘Let’s Play,’ I’m thinking of playing one of my favorite hidden gems: Rule of Rose (which I have never beaten!). I’m still very stuck on what to do as a giveaway, but I’m hoping to get some suggestions in the comments!
My personal resolutions have been a huge work in progress. Losing weight has been quite a slow journey, but I’m confident I can lose ten more pounds to reach my first goal. As far as my Pinterest dream closet, that’s most likely not going to happen as I have been saving up every penny to pay for our wedding in October and paying off credit cards. I really do need to stick to my 12 books in a year resolution though so I’m making a promise now to do that! The Library will be half way completed in time for my first YouTube video. I adore every branding board I’ve completed so far and actually have 2 that haven’t made it to the website yet with one possibly in the works. While I love my job, it doesn’t leave much room for me to do my own models so I must make that a priority now! I have learned heaps of HTML but still don’t feel comfortable saying that I know it. Last but not least, the vacation: we were supposed to take a lovely honeymoon right after our wedding but finances have been shifted around a bit so the honeymoon has been pushed back to January 2019. Maybe we can fit a mini vacation in soon.
What I need your help with…
- One (or more!) blogger(s) who wants to exchange guest posts
- What games would you like to see me stream? Rule of Rose? Another horror game? Something completely different?
- What kind of a giveaway would you participate in? Gaming? Fashion? Fandom? Something different?
- Want a new blog look? I make branding boards and would love to add yours to my portfolio. Send me an email if you’re interested.
- Got a budget-friendly vacation idea for someone in Missouri? Tell me your ideas so that we can take a mini vacation this year!
Thank you for all of your support this year! It wouldn’t be possible without you! Please leave your suggestions in the comments so that I can tackle the rest of my resolutions.