I have some of the best blogging friends and readers! That’s right; I’ve been nominated for another award. Not just any award though. It’s a super specific one. All jokes aside, I want to thank Matt over at Normal Happenings for the nomination. I really love doing these, and his award is really unique!
You control your own destiny. If you desire Normal Happenings Super Specific Sunshine Award, the nomination process is as follows.
- Respond to at least one super specific question in the comments.
- If I like your answer even a little bit, I shall dub you “Nominated,” and exchange some witty repartee.
- Respond to all questions on a blog post of your own, then come up with ten more super specific questions.
- Link back to this post (or not, doesn’t bother me).
- Encourage others to do the same, henceforth propagating an internet macro for centuries.
- Bask in the glory of your newly earned Normal Happenings Super Specific Sunshine Award!
Super Specific Questions from Normal Happenings
A new island chain suddenly forms in the south Pacific. Scientists, in the spirit of serendipity, need a name for the archipelago, so they run outside and grab the first person they see walking by. That person is you. What do you name the islands? The Farthest Chain. It sounds deep and meaningful, but also pretty simple and easy to remember. Okay, so it’s pretty lame.
Find any grocery list you’ve ever written – on a post-in note, on your phone, in the trash can. What is the third item on that list? Wraps. I usually bring my lunch to work, but I’m getting burned out with my usual. I figured it was time to spice things up with some “adult Lunchable” style lunches.
Go to any mirror – doesn’t matter if there’s people around – and look at the bottom of your tongue. What is your immediate emotional reaction? Huh. It looks okay. When was the last time I looked at the bottom of my tongue? I can’t remember…
Let’s say you could suddenly make all the cable news stations cover animals with the same intensity they covered politics – all animals all the time! Which animal would you want them to focus exclusively on? Penguins! I find them fascinating. I got to see my first one at the St. Louis Zoo, and it was magical (and smelly).
What is a random 11-letter word? I’ve already said mine – archipelago. Knickknacks.
I’m still not particularly happy with my computer wallpaper. What should I change it to? Woods during a sunset with a small wooden cabin to the right, smoke billowing from it’s red chimney, with two rocking chairs on the cabin’s porch.
If you could only eat breakfast foods for lunch and lunch foods for breakfast, what would be your go-to breakfast? Your go-to lunch? Lunch would be waffles and bacon; breakfast would be a peanut butter sandwich.
A bedbug bite forces you to have one of these useless superpowers.
Which of the following useless superpowers would choose and why?
– The ability to make only office supplies levitate.
– The ability to be invisible – but only inside a volcano.
– The ability to, at will, swap any picture on a billboard to a pumpkin.
I would pick the ability to swap any picture on a billboard to a pumpkin. This would be amazing for Halloween and Thanksgiving! I would feel like Santa, spreading holiday cheer. Now I just need a name….
Do you hate your initials? If you could have any initials, what would they be and why? I like my initials! MMM. Mmm? Triple M? I do feel oddly satisfied when someone’s initials spell a 3 letter word like BAD or CAR.
What is the most recent gum you chewed? Extrapolate a short story of five sentences or less with that gum as a central plot mechanic. I tapped Crystal on the shoulder. “Got any gum?” I whispered. If you said those 3 little words too loud, everyone would be asking for a piece of minty freshness. Crystal reached into her bag and produced a silver wrapped piece of gum. I quickly took it, unwrapped it, and shoved it into my mouth to avoid anyone seeing the precious and sought-after gum.
My Super Specific Questions:
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 12, and find line 7. What does it say?
- Without looking, guess what time it is. Now look at a clock; what time is it actually?
- You became a multimillionaire overnight! What is your first purchase and why?
- When was the last time you ate a baked potato? Describe your experience in 5 sentences or less.
- The world is about to end. You have one last chance to sing a song in the shower. What song do you sing?
- If you could invent a holiday, what holiday would it be and how would it be celebrated?
- Let’s pretend you’re writing a book, and you come up with the main character. What are their characteristics?
- What does your most recent text that you sent say?
- What was the last video you watched on YouTube? Why were you watching it?
- What should my new phone wallpaper be?
You are free to answer one of these comments! If I like your answer, I will nominate you for the Normal Happenings Super Specific Sunshine Award. I look forward to seeing your answers to my super specific questions.