I want to thank Meagan over at Quibbles and Scribbles for nominating me for The Mystery Blogger Award. She has an awesome Geeky Gift Guide up as well as TONS of reviews. Check her out!
The mystery blogger award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
The award was first started by Okoto Enigma.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Myself
- I am married to a handsome man from Ireland. We both reside in St. Louis, Missouri in a house with one dog named Padme (from Star Wars, of course).
- I am a graphic designer and 3D modeler. I have a degree in Game Art and have been pursuing my career dreams for about 4 years now.
- Before I die, I want to create a video game that really touches people with amazing art. I want to work with fun and fantastic people on this project.
1. What part of blogging do you enjoy most? (i.e. writing, taking pictures, connecting with others, etc.)
I guess the part I enjoy the most is writing. It definitely feels like an outlet for me and I get to choose what I write about. It’s therapeutic but also fun!
2. How has blogging influenced your daily life?
I definitely take more pictures now, and things that I buy I usually think “should I review this for the blog?” We’re also designing a room in the house right now (The Library) where I’m going to start vlogging as an accompaniment to my blog (but that’s a secret so shhhh…).
3. Do you prefer blogging in the morning, afternoon, nighttime, or whenever you get the chance?
Strangely enough, I start in the morning then repeatedly come back to it until the afternoon. I get out all my thoughts like a word vomit then come back later, read it, adjust and edit, then start on the next post.
4. What is the one thing about your blog you wish you could change?
I wish I had more time to devote to it. I’d love to throw a Saturday Suggestion up every Saturday. I’d love to do some interviews of fellow geeks and cosplayers. There’s just never enough time in the day to give my blog the attention it deserves.
(Weird Q) Do you need noises to fall asleep or silence?
Depends on the “noises.” I don’t mind the faint sounds of a movie or radio. When it comes to the constant dripping of the spout outside the house that sounds like hammers hammering inside the bedroom, I want to rip it off with my bare hands…. But when it’s silent I find myself “listening” for things that go bump in the night. So noises I suppose, within reason.
My Current Best Post: Spoilers! Our Immigration Story So Far
Claire @ Critically Claire
Kim @ Later Levels
John @ It’s More Than Just Gaming
Michelle @ A Geek Girl’s Guide
Mariah @ Bizarre Brunette
Jacie @ Come to the Nerd Side
Hannah @ The London Geek
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you had to describe yourself using only 5 words, what would they be?
- What TV show, book, or game has most impacted you personally?
- If you could be any villain in a TV show, book, or game, who would you be and why?
- [weird] What strange food combinations do you really enjoy?
Please leave me a comment with your post so I can read your answers! Also, if I didn’t tag you, please feel free to do it anyway and leave a comment here with your post! Can’t wait to see everyone’s answers!