Hi there, and welcome to my corner of the internet. This was my little introductory blog post from FOUR YEARS AGO. I thought I’d post it again for the new readers and make the changes necessary for all the things that have happened so far!
A little about me:
- My name is Megan. I’m 24 years old.
- I am from a small town in Alabama. I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I am a 3D modeler and graphic designer. Work likes to call me a hybrid.
- I have a dog named Padme.
- I am married to my best friend who is from Ireland. We went through the K1 Visa process together and are working on his green card currently.
- Hobbies: gaming, reading, writing, drawing, watching Netflix, and pinning my imaginary life on Pinterest (come on, who doesn’t?).
- I LOVE Doctor Who, Harry Potter, DnD, and other geeky stuff.
- I still wear converse pretty much exclusively.
- I enjoy Disney movies. My husband and I can sing any Disney song.
- I’ve cosplayed a few times and would like to do it more.
- My circle of friends is small but they are the best people.
- More facts…
What you can expect from my blog and me:
This is probably what has changed the most. I finally have a brand for my blog. Gone are the weekly rambling posts. Here come the scheduled, organized, and well-thought-out posts! If you would like to get in touch with me about any of these series in regards to guest posting or sponsoring me, see my About Me page.
Blog series are in full swing and are posted weekly or biweekly or monthly with other geeky posts sprinkled in. Convention Life is everything cosplay and convention-related. 5 Fandom Friday is a blog series first started by The Nerdy Girlie and Super Space Chick that gets posted every Friday. Link Loves is a new series that I’m using to post my favorite links from blogs or articles or anything else I came across online that week or month. My Current Favorite Things (MCFT) is usually 4 to 5 items I am loving right now. Sprinkled between these series are posts for Geek Fashion & Tech, Reviews: Rants & Raves on the newest things I’ve personally tried, Saturday Suggestions on games, TV shows, anime, manga, and comics, and Spoilers! posts which are about me!
Thank you to readers, new and old. Without you, this blog wouldn’t be possible. I really enjoy writing each of these posts and spend much more time writing them than when I first started. Writing turned into a passion for me but this blog definitely dropped off the map a bit before I dusted it off and tried again. So welcome to the old, but improved A Geeky Gal!